Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vocabulaire Extrodinaire?


STRONG TIN. The Banky W. song. I must say, I do rather like the song. Its smooth, makes sense, the video is great all in all. But he should X-nay on the dancing. On the slang itself, its out there, but all over the place like LONG TIN. I myself use this one well. Especially of late with regards to the GRE I just wrote (which was the main reason for my protracted absence) and school applications on the whole. Education na long tin oh. Almost feels like it never ends. I remember some months back, when the long break commenced and school kids where all over town, I would wistfully long for a school-like timetable when I could have extended time-offs. Can't that be incorporated into work schedules?!? Kind of like rotation jobs. Then I began tutorials for the GRE and during my first class, all I could think off was "I paid to have this done to me???". You win some, you lose some, I suppose.

But I digress. Slangs.

The one making rounds now, which just absolutely irks my spirit is SWAGA. What. Tha. Heck? Firstly, how many people actually know what swagger is? Even a dictionary definition, or how it can/should be applied?? It reminds me of the last Maltina Street Dance Competition. There was this one all-girls group that made it past one of the first regional stages. In their interview, they were all about their style and swagger. Ha! My bro and his friends (as though by divine inspiration) recorded that particular showing (for retrospectal comedy purposes), and man did they use it for kicks. I shall not even go into the details of how they were so booted off in the next round. Sha, we are thankful to M.I.A and co. who added one more english word to our vocab.

Then there was 'P'. You know my P. The question must be asked - What precisely is the 'P'? Yes, we all got a general idea from Mr. Naetochukwu, but right now it is so seriously overcooked. Current applications in use include: Where's the P@? What's the P? How far with ma P? People please. Save our souls. And the braincells we still have in employ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah "swagga" (yikes!) so makes my skin crawl, it's on the radio, tv, songs.....e don do nah?? and M.I.A, no thanks.
P?? no comment.

education....long ting.