Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Things I Would Like To Acheive By 1st June This Year

1) Attain Marked Progress On My Path to Maturity - spiritually, mentally, emotionally.
Read a blog today that made me think. If I were to present myself before God to give account of my time spent, what will I have to show for it? Hours spent crushing endlessly, dwellling infinitely on the opposite sex, be it on bfs of friends, my friends, or "possibilites". When did I let my life get focused down on this? I am here to serve Him, to help all I meet on their Way to Him. That includes not being an obstacle in anyone's way, or a temptation in any form (encouraging deceit even minute forms, dressing or dancing in manners which encourage the oh-so-visually-stimulated to engage in cerebral flights of wander).

2) Finish That Darn French Audio & Move On To Some Other Language.
Seriously. This is going into 3rd Year. Getting a shuffle instead of a player with a screen, just so I listen to the lessons as opposed to having easy access to music has long lost its motivation. I MUST overcome.
Plus I've made sacrifices for this. Both the Shuffle & other monetaries.

3) Make a Permanent Move To Less-2"
It's all boils down to commitment and how bad I do want that waistline. Heck, anorexics can do this. Gymnasts and a large number of Athletes do this. At last check, we all have only one head each. {Yes, I know one or 5 million readers of this may have more than had it with my incessant (seeming) obsession with a smaller waistline, but really, if I can't go broken-record on my own blog, where else can I whinge??? Move on to another friggin' page.}

4) Be an absolute stranger to all-out lying, fibbing, excuse-making, procrastination, laziness, forgetfulness, and be an all-round more dependable person.

5) Be Time-Conscious.
Not just more time-conscious, but practically the watchword. I won't always have a lenient boss who is willing to overlook a tonne. Or be able to find some resolution to slip-ups. Someday, the shite will hit the fan, and backdrop will be a stinker. Yes, I shall create a eutopia where time as we know it can be set by the Nigerian Clock.

No comments: