Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Up! Up!! Up!!!

Finally started my Confirmation classes. To God be the glory. Now my mother is resting in the knowledge that I will be married in the Catholic Church after all. *rolling my eyes to the heavens!!!*

The whole mixed with kids thing is not kusher, admittedly, but I had to zero my mind to that one considering this has been pending since I was 14 (at which point I even thought I was rather old to be in the classes. Oh that I could then see myself now). And Brother Paul is ever so excited about/determined to privately coach me into catching up with the class (hence my very tight schedule today - I must make that aerobics class oh!). I must say, I am glad that I'm having the class now at this point, because one of the catechist (while I admire his zeal and all) is so shoving all the teachings and catechism into the kids heads. They'll know the whys' without understanding or believing (which is reminiscent of the current educational system.... hmmm). I did have questions to ask, but for the sake of his BP and peace with the children, I held my peace for private discussion - possibly with another catechist, or a preist. DEFINITELY not him.

Half way through the last class though, the "elders" were moved aside for a seperate class and I found I rather enjoyed. There are the dogmas and teachings, but she (Sister Ann) did give room for expression of personal opinions and thoughts. I was much motivated, and find I'm looking forward to the next class. I hope she makes it.

My happi-mones are in hyperdrive this week so far, and I'm riding on a joy-high. It is the Lord's doing, and it is most definitely marvelous in my sight.


My heart praises the Lord;
my soul is glad because of God my Saviour,
for he has remembered me, his lowly servant!
From now on, all people will call me happy....

Magnificat.
Luke 1:46-48

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

d Magnificat, God bless you!