Monday, June 22, 2009

Another day

Pray. Breathe in. Breath out.

That's all I could make do Saturday night. This town can be larger than life sometimes, but when you really don't want it to be, it's amazing how tiny it can become.
I ran into my last object-of-my-affections while ordering dinner with friends. I don't know what I'd have done if I was on my own, or with the guys. I'm just so glad it was the girls I was out with. Turns out (obviously! *rolling eyes*) that I'm not quite over him like I believed. Wretched heart! How can I possibly still like him so much when he's treated me so terribly? Initially, it was just laughs, but the longer I was aware he was just right there across the room, the more I thought about it all, and my happiness just ... left. In retrospect, I can say if I'd gone home at that point, I'd probably have just sunk into some slight depression. Thank you LORD for your hand on my life.

Breathe in. Pray. Breath out.

I'm a sucker for romance, and I believe strongly in love. But quite frankly, the whole falling in love thing is a rather over-rated trip. Why on earth would I feel inclined to put myself out there again just to get wrung??? I truly begin to appreciate the wisdom of getting with a guy who is more into you than you are into him. For now, I'm content with simply trying not to bleed out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...who knows why he had to do that? and its's the things you cant understand that break u the most. its another day just look on the bright u wont bleed forever....ps u can draw stick people with raggedy hair or cows trust it lightens any mood!

ErinJay said...

lol!

Mooooooo....