Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Looking @ My Banded Orange Wrist

I'm ... not sad. But very perceptibly not as upbeat as I could be.

Exactly 14.5 hours back, my right wrist was viciously attacked, and my koklet forcibly taken off my person. I honestly don't know if God has helped me not be attached to the material (I would much like to believe so), or its because I religiously backed up the music and pictures, but I'm more upset that I got robbed than I am at losing the phone itself. The greater inconvenience is losing my contacts, and having to repeat over and over to callers that I've lost all of them.


The last thing I want to be put through right now is anyone giving me a lecture on how foolish I was to openly display my "valuable" as I was walking along a road at night (who says this town isn't on the same risk level as Las Gidi???), or that I chose to go for a walk period. Which is why I'm scrambling to replace the phone before the parents pick up on the loss. Amazing. I'm hassling myself to get a phone not for my use, but for my uninterrupted peace of mind. Oh well.
Priorities, and all that.

I reckoned I just might feel better if I could share this experience with someone, with whom I could laugh over this, (who obviously would not give me any due criticism). It didn't help any that again, my contacts are mine no more. So here I stand (or sit), sharing.


So there goes an unbudgeted 30G. There goes my hollywood wax this month. Welcome, extremely frugal spending, and cutting as many expenditures as possible, and no splurging. After all, I must still pay off some debts and contribute to housekeeping. Perhaps I'll lose an inch off my waist by month end? (One must look to any possible silver linings, no?)

3 comments:

Chizzy said...

Wassap ErinJay!!!!!!! Wassat you say about them breaking your hand for your phone? Hold up... THEY STOLE YOUR PHONE? THE phone??? Awwwww, sweetie!!!! Sorry about that.. About not getting too attached to it... good for you... About geeting another phone for your peace of mind..... lol... I can only wonder. Crazy world. Not even safe to enjoy shooting the breeze at night.

ErinJay said...

Yes oh.

The Phone is gone back where it belongs in the hands of its owner.

Trying for a replacement now, but i've got the SIM back.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweerie!
A better fone cometh along ...just bide the time!
You mentioned inches.....well this we can laugh over!
Peace of mind: u just have an interesting way of viewing things that's good.